**All webinar/simulcast registrations online will close 48 hours prior to the date of the scheduled webinar/simulcast. All phone registrations will close at 1pm the day before the scheduled event.**
*This live, instructor-directed course meets the Texas MRT requirements to obtain at least 3 hours of instructor-directed continuing education. Please refer to the TMB website for more information at this LINK.
**AHEC Live Webinars and Simulcasts are hosted through Zoom. You can use a computer/laptop or an Android/iOS mobile device. Click the following link to download the required plugin for "Zoom Client for Meetings": https://www.zoom.us/download. Please scroll down to view the system requirements for Zoom. For detailed instructions on preparation and completion of a webinar or simulcast click this LINK.**
At the conclusion of the course, the technologist should be able to:
1. Define osteoporosis
2. Discuss the effects of osteoporosis on females
3. Discuss the nutritional intake and statistics on the female
4. Discuss the economic impact of osteoporosis
5. Define a dual energy x-ray
6. Discuss radiographic demonstration using imaging modalities other than x-ray
7. Discuss the treatment and prevention of female specific osteoporosis
8. Demonstrate methods pediatric radiation dose management in digital radiography and fluoroscopy imaging.
9. Identify imaging practices specific to the pediatric population, taking into consideration the age and size of the patient.
Peditaric Radiation Protection Radiography:
Pediatric Radiation protection Fluoroscopy:
You must watch the entire webinar session. If you log in 15 minutes after the webinar has started, you will not be issued a certificate. The system we use monitors interactivity and will provide us with a report.
Advanced Health Education Center, Ltd. Webinar Cancellation & Refund Policy
Start Time Based on Time Zone:
**For more information on the system requirements please click this LINK