Can you identify what conditions, disease and illnesses or drugs are contraindications to the use of IV radiography contrast? Do you understand Post-Primary Pathways through ARRT? Take this webinar and you will learn this and much more!
Course Topics and Instructors:
- Beth Veale, PhD, RT(R)(QM) – Where Do I Go from Here? Career Opportunities in Imaging Sciences
- Bettye Wilson, MA Ed, RT(R)(CT), RDMS, FASRT – Why is That a Contradiction to IV Contrast?
- Ian Scott Hamilton, Ph.D., CHP, RRPT, LMP, DABR, DABSNM - Radiation Safety and New Shielding Guidelines
At the conclusion of this course, the participant should be able to:
- Identify different opportunity career pathways for imaging technologist
- Define CQR and understand the requirements
- Understand Post-Primary Pathways through ARRT
- Identify what conditions, disease and illnesses or drugs are contraindications to the use of IV radiography contrast media.
- Explain why some diseases are contraindications of IV contrast media
- Explain what may happen if IV contrast is used when contraindication exist.
- State applicable dose limits
- Discuss actual radiogenic biological, health, and risk effects
- Be more familiar with applicable standards and recommendations for lead protective devices
- Understand the positions of various organizations concerning lead protective devices
- Understand the state of practice and future adoption plans for revised lead protective devices
Online and phone registrations for live webinars close 1 hour before the event start time, which is in Central Standard Time (CST). Please give us a call at 1-800-239-1361 for all online registrations placed for webinars that will take place the same day in order to ensure you get your link to view the course.
This program provides AHRA Category A continuing education credit for radiologic technologists recognized by the ARRT and various licensure states. You must attend the entire program to receive your certificate of completion.