Join us as we explore Anatomy, Physiology, and types of fractures of the Cervical, Thoracic, and Lumbar Spine!
- Anatomy & Physiology of the C-spine
- Common Methods of C-Spine Injury
- Types of Fractures
- Essential Image Views
- Image Review
- Types of Traumatic Fractures with Case Studies
Thoracic and Lumbar Spine
- Functions of the Spine
- Physiological Anatomy of the Thoracic and Lumbar Spine
- Etiology of the Spine
- Essential Image Views
- Types of Fractures and Common Methods of Thoracic and Lumbar Spine Injuries Case Studies
- Degenerative Diseases: Spondylosis, Sclerosis, Osteoporosis
- Traumatic Causes of Spinal Injuries
- Symptoms Suggestive of Trauma
At the conclusion of this course, the participants should be able to:
- Identify major anatomical structures of the cervical vertibrae
- Identify major structures of throat anatomy
- Name at least two common MOI (Methods of Injury)
- Name at least four types of cervical fracture
- List essential views to diagnose fracture of the cervical vertebrae
- Discuss the differences between thoracic and lumbar vertebrae
- Give at least three common disease processes of the lumbar spine
- Describe the most common “motion/directional” type of spine injuries
- Name at least four types of Thoracic and Lumbar spine fractures
Online and phone registrations for live webinars close 1 hour before the event start time, which is in Central Standard Time (CST). Please give us a call at 1-800-239-1361 for all online registrations placed for webinars that will take place the same day in order to ensure you get your link to view the course.
**This live, instructor-directed course meets the Texas Medical Board requirements for all registered Medical Radiologic Technologists. Please refer to the TMB website for more information at this LINK
This program provides AHRA Category A continuing education credit for radiologic technologists recognized by the ARRT and various licensure states. You must attend the entire program to receive your certificate of completion.
Carolyn Johnson ,M.S.Ed,RT(R)
Carolyn Johnson, BSRS, RT(R), is a radiology consultant inthe Dallas/Ft. Worth area. She was the Program Director for the JPS Institute for Health Careers in Fort Worth, Texas for 17 years. Prior to that she was the Program Director at Sanford-Brown College in Kansas City and Radiology Manager at Texas A & M University at College Station. Ms. Johnson has a wealth educational and management experience to share with participants attending her classes.