Upon conclusion of this course, participants should be able to:
1. Discuss the mission of a radiation safety program.
2. Define radiation and radioactivity.
3. List the types of ionizing radiation and their units.
4. Describe occupational exposure limits.
5. Define ALARA.
6. Understand the use of dosimetry badges and radiation detection instruments.
7. Describe the workers responsibility in radiation safety.
8. Describe the duties of the Radiation Safety Officer (RSO)
9. Discuss the biological effects of radiation.
10. Describe ionizing radiation and the types.
11. Discuss Operator errors leading to increased patient exposure.
12. Describe DEXA Equipment and operation for radiation safety.
**This live, instructor-directed course meets the Texas Medical Board requirements for all registered Medical Radiologic Technologists. Please refer to the TMB website for more information at this LINK