Join Wil Reddinger as he goes over important anatomy for CT and MRI techs of the brain and endocrine system.
Online and phone registrations for live events close 1 hour before the event start time, which is in Central Standard Time (CST). Please give us a call at 1-800-239-1361 for all online registrations placed for webinars that will take place the same day in order to ensure you get your link to view the course.
- Brain Anatomy
- Blood-Brain Barrier
- Vascular Brain Anatomy
- Glial Cells
- Cerebral White Matter
- Gray Matter
- Motor Areas of Cerebral Cortex
- Cranial Nerves and Medical Imaging
- Brain bleeds and Strokes
- Utility of CT and MRI for abnormal brain pathology and brain injuries
- Different types of MRI studies utilized to identify and diagnose disease and injury in the brain
- Endocrine System
- Classification of Hormones
- List the lobes of the brain.
- Understand the functions each lobe.
- Identify the protective covers (layers) of the brain.
- Explain the structure of the blood-brain barrier and its functions in reference to the brain.
- Define what the Circle of Willis and its four main parts.
- Recognize normal brain anatomy in CT and MRI images.
- Understand what cerebrospinal fluid is, its flow and how it works.
- Recognize abnormal pathology in CT and MRI as it relates to cerebrospinal fluid.
- Discuss what the Corpus Callosum is and its functions.
- Identify the where the Corpus Callosum is on CT and MRI images.
- List cells of the Peripheral and Central Nervous Systems
- Identify functions and association areas of the Cerebral Cortex.
- List the 12 cranial nerves and their sensory/motor functions.
- Explain the 4 types of hemorrhages of the head.
- Recognize the different types of hemorrhages in CT and MRI images.
- List the organs of the endocrine systems and their functions.
- Explain the relationships of different hormones.
This program provides AHRA Category A continuing education credit for radiologic technologists recognized by the ARRT and various licensure states. You must attend the entire program to receive your certificate of completion.
Wilbur Reddinger, Jr. , M.S.R.S., R.T. (R)(CT)(MR)(MRSO)(MRSC)
Wilbur (Wil) L. Reddinger Jr., M.S.R.S., R.T. (R)(CT)(MR)(MRSO)(MRSC™) has more than 30 years experience across a broad spectrum of Radiology/Imaging department positions and modalities. He is knowledgeable and experienced in imaging operations and regulations. His leadership expertise is in full-service radiology operations, including Regulatory Affairs, Compliance and Policy Administration. In depth knowledge/experience with the Joint Commission Standards/National Patient Safety Goals, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Conditions of Participation, American College of Radiology Guidelines for Accreditation, Intersocietal Accreditation Commission, FDA Mammography Quality Standards Act and Program as well as various state Department of Health and Human Services. Specialty in staff and provider training and development, as an Educator in several JRCERT accredited Medical Imaging college-based programs. Wil has a proven ability in building strong relationships with physicians and healthcare providers throughout healthcare systems, collaborating to overcome any and all obstacles, anticipated and unanticipated, in the current environment.